If MediaMonkey for Android needs to be completely re-installed from scratch (e.g. due to corruption on an SD card), you can do so as follows:
- Uninstall the application (preferable) OR delete the application data, via Settings > Application Manager > MediaMonkey > Clear data.
- Run ES Explorer (or a similar file manager) and delete the /MediaMonkey directory from both the internal memory and SD Card
- If you're having sync issues:
- Delete all Media and Playlists from the device
- In MediaMonkey for Windows, delete the device's sync profile (a new sync profile will be created next time you sync)
- Re-install MediaMonkey for Android and run it once before attempting any Sync operation
Note: If you delete the /MediaMonkey directory on the Android device (step 2) but don't delete the corresponding device sync profiles in MediaMonkey for Windows (step 3) then you'll end up with duplicate sync profiles.